Friday, July 3, 2009

So Sarah has got to be running

So Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has announced that she not only not seek another term as governor, but she will be resigning from her current term as of July 26th.

I can only presume that she will not be challenging incumbant Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski in the Senator's bid for re-election next year, nor do I see her running for the sole U.S. House of Representatives seat Alaska has, held by Congressman-for-life Republican Don Young. I can only surmise that Governor Palin's intent is to run for President in 2012.

I don't know how I feel about that. Just like with Newt Gingrich there is a high negative rating with the Governor. There is still a lot of misinformation floating around the world politic about the Governor (like who really said "I can see Russia from my house"), but I just don't see her winning the nomination in 2012 (whether she should or not).

I think if President Obama is still popular come the spring of 2011 a lot of big names will skip trying for the nomination this time around.

I just think that an elected official, especially one who hasn't even completed one full term, should honor the commitment they took upon taking their oath of office and serve to the best of their ability for the entire length of the elected term.

Then again, when has anyone, ever, anywhere, done that?

Good luck Governor. I wish you all the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home