Wednesday, September 3, 2008

RNC Day 2

After watching U.S. House Minority Leader John Boehner speak at the Republican National Convention yesterday I was ready to take a long nap; however, once it finally got to First Lady Laura Bush, President George W. Bush, (the First Lady again), former Senator Fred Thompson, and Senator Joe Lieberman I finally saw some energy on the podium, on the convention floor, and felt some excitement myself!

I wasn't at home for those speeches so I drove home as soon as Senator Lieberman was finished. As I drove the few minutes it took to get home I listened to NPR. Their post-Lieberman Address analysis was ridiculous and extremely biased, but what should anyone expect from the official radio network of the Democratic Party?

Senator Thompson's (aka The Fred) fiery speech was great. Too bad the political opposition can't talk about their nominee with as much national pride as the Republicans can this time around.

I look forward to Mayor Giuliani and Governor Palin's addresses tonight. I am sure the bash-Sarah smear-campaign talking points are out today, and will undoubtedly get more airtime once Governor Sarah Palin has spoken tonight, but I'm hoping that she knocks her speech out of the park so that it is even more obvious to the casual viewer how anti-Palin the "unbiased" media is by this time tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's about time!!! Now I will have one additional source of news/opinions/stories that have been researched and not just grabbed out of the headlines.

September 3, 2008 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

I am very excited about watching Sarah's speech tonight. Here is a link about her record vs. Obama's. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN54Fb9dLKs

September 3, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home