Monday, November 3, 2008

Insurance Commissioner

While I'm not sure why we need to be electing a plethora of state executive positions with no budget authority I also wasn't around when our state's constitution was written!

Democrat incumbant State Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler is running against Republican challenger John Adams, owner of a Seattle-area indeptendent insurance agency.

Commissioner Kreidler has been running this office since he succeeded fellow Democrat Deborah Senn (who lost her race for Attorney General) in the 2000 election. Prior to that he was in the state legislature and served one term in Congress (losing his 1994 re-election campaign). He is an optometrist by trade.

John Adams is relatively new to campaigning for public office. He was on the Board of the Lake Washington School District for 8 years, and has been an insurance agent for 38 years.

Having a sour taste in my mouth for Commissioner Kreidler from when he was my none-too-agreeable Congressman I am predisposed to not support him; add to that the fact that his opponent actually has experience in the insurance industry and my mind is pretty well set.

I am voting for John R. Adams for state Insurance Commissioner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home