Thursday, September 11, 2008

I want to know that

Mister Matthew Damon, of Hollywood movie fame, recently said the following:

”I need to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. That's an important -- I want to know that. I really do. Because she's going to have the nuclear codes. I want to know if she thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. Or if she banned books or tried to ban books. You know, we can't have that.”
Great questions. Too bad that these smears, rumors, and myths have all been thoroughly debunked by the time Mr. Damon said this.

I need to know if Matt Damon is incapable, or just too lazy to get on the World Wide Web, finding ANY search engine, and type in the letters: s n o p e s . c o m – I want to know that. I really do. Because he’s got public influence. I want to know if he’s too dumb to use a search engine. Or if he really isn’t even registered to vote. You know, we can’t have that!

It's like a really bad action movie: the attention-seeking starlet using their celebrity status to bad-mouth someone they don’t agree with. He's yapping about reality and using all his acting skills to try to get people to care what he thinks about politics. It's absurd.

2 Comments:

Blogger orcmid said...

The funny experience I had after the VP Candidate debate was seeing an acquaintance tweeting away wondering if there really is a "Main Street" in Wasilla, AK.

Odd for a web denizen to not know how to check his favorite map and direction site to see that there is indeed such a street.

October 3, 2008 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Eric W. said...

I honestly believe some people are too lazy to obtain specifics, and some just use our daily ambiguity as a tool to shape Conventional Wisdom (in the negative toward something or someone).

October 3, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home